********Tuna Fish Tuesday**********

lynnc99
on 5/16/11 11:12 pm
Wow! What a shopping victory! Did you chase sales all over town?
jojobear98
on 5/16/11 11:27 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Yeah, I actually did. Yesterday, I had 3 stores that I organized for. I walked in, bought what I planned for and left. Jantzen and I were home in less than 2 hours. It's amazing how quickly shopping goes when you don't go up and down every aisle being enticed by random things. I am sticking to my lists and that is it.

Tomorrow we will hit Target and Rite-Aid, then I am done for the week.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

steffihope
on 5/16/11 10:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, um....Seriously?!?!  Tuna Fish?!?!  You obviously need some distractions.....I will see what I can do.....

It is Tuesday - my LAST EVER crazy Tuesday - I am going to sit down this afternoon at the synagogue and tell the Rabbi that I am done teaching in the lower school.  She texted me yesterday telling me that she was afraid of what our meeting was going to be this afternoon.  When I asked her why, she didn't respond.  I am sure she knows what I am thinking about.  She knows how stressed I have been and that it has not been fun for me for a while.  So, that should be interesting.  It is also the last night of Confirmation Academy for the year.  YAY! :)  While I loved these classes, I am exhausted and looking forward to NOT rushing out of school to get to the synagogue to work work wor****il 9pm.

That is really what my entire day will look like, oh wait - i do NOT have students today - because GOD FORBID they see the election process in action....  There are many things in this city I do NOT understand.  We have "strangers" in the building voting, therefore the kids are in danger?!?!  Are you freaking kidding me?!?!  Their parents still have to work, are you telling me they are in less danger being home alone?!?!  ugh!!!!!!!  Whatever, I will just keep to my little classroom and do my little job!  And, speaking of voting, I have to figure out when I am going to do that.  Not that my vote matters so much this year, Nutter will win because the other option is a convicted crook.  Pretty scary options if you ask me....but, I will vote nonetheless.  It is my obligation!

Things are a little better in my head.  Had a pleasant evening with Larry.  He was playful and nice.  We didn't really talk about things, but he knew I just needed him present, and he was.  Now if only the Phillies can get their heads out of their butts, all will be good!

Happy Tuna Fish Tuesday y'all!
lynnc99
on 5/16/11 11:01 pm
Steffi, when I was an elementary principal, election day was a disaster in our building. Voting booths and lines totally blocked our front lobby/hallways. Kids could barely get by to go to lunch. Voters didn't understand that the bathrooms were for little kids and wanted to use the staff bathrooms. They littered. Parking was out of the question - they didn't understand that people WORK in the building and therefore need to get to work.

And the icing on the cake was an election day that fell on 9/11. I was directed to keep TV monitors OFF except in my office, because the news was of course so disturbing and because we had a high population of middle eastern families....but the voters didn't understand that and kept storming in to demand that we turn on the hallway tv monitors instead of scrolling our daily anouncments (which we normally did).

So...no school on election day I totally understand.
steffihope
on 5/17/11 12:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Remember - we are in Philadelphia - these parents are challenging to say the least to begin with and the majority of our kids are safer the six hours they are in our buildings than when they are home with their parents.  Anyway - in most of our buildings - there is a door to the gym from the outside and that is where the polling places are.  The only class it messes up is the kids who have gym that day.  And, I guess if they do in in one part of the state - they have to do in the rest - but, actually - that is not true - there are districts in which the kids do have school today.  I don't get it.  But, I do understand that it must have been very challenging when the kids werent able to get around. 
jastypes
on 5/16/11 10:54 pm - Croydon, PA
Oh, great, now I want tuna fish and it's not in my plan for today!  LOL.  I'll just have to put it in tomorrow's plan.  I walked home from the train station last night for exercise.  Work today.  OA meetijng tonight.    Just for today, I have a plan:

B - ham/egg/cheese on english muffin
L - lean cuisine
S - banana
D - whole wheat pasta (first time trying this) with meatsauce
S - 1/2 english muffin with cheese

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 5/16/11 11:09 pm
No tuna fish for me today. I haven't liked it much since surgery. Swede, you can have my share.

I am FORCING myself out the door to the gym in the rain this morning. I could easily sit and be on the computer for another half hour.

Then work.

Then cleaning and organizing the freezer, which looks like a disaster area and has all sorts of crappy food hidden inside that MIke has bought and squirreled away...and forgotten about. Stuff I won't eat and he shouldn't eat. It is going out in the garbage tomorrow!

But speaking of MIke - he had to get up and out at 3 am. to check on a production run early this morning. He got that done and came home at 5 to snuggle back in for an hour. What a luxury as the rain poured down outside!

Yesterday I had an oil change appt. and the guy found that one of my tires was bad - literally delaminating away from the cord. So it was off to Costco for a new set of tires. On the way I stopped at Amelias (those in central PA will know what Amelia's is!) and got a TREMENDOUS buy on Greek yogurt - get this - 6 PINTS FOR A DOLLAR!!! Mixing it with some of my SF strawberry freezer jam. I also found some Breyers SF ice cream. I admire those of you who are into the coupon thing - with just 2 of us, I don't get much mileage out of coupons and I tend to shop more at Costco, some at Amelias, and fill in at Giant once a month or so.

Let's hope that this rain dries up soon!

Sara E.
on 5/16/11 11:28 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Happy Election Day PA Peeps!
One of my best friends is running for twp supervisor re-election.  I hope she gets elected. There are 3 going for 2 slots.  If she is reelected, she will be so happy, if not - well, we know losing isn't always a good thing.  She has been very upbeat since her divorce was final last month and I would hate to see her attitude take a dive.  Keep your fingers crossed for her. 
You all know the Tuesday drill...work, dinner, scouts, help Caleb w/ homework...same old Tuesday.

Sara

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:44 am
What a good day to stay curled up in bed and sleep the day away. Yet the alram went off and it was time to go to work. Here in work bored and thinking what can I do today to make it go fast.

Last night came home had dinner watched DWTS then Nurse Jackoe then hit the sheets to go to bed early.
Today after work I am going to meet some friends for dinner then the movies. Looking forward to the evening with my girls.

My head has been deep in thought on so many levels as of late and would love to just be sitting on beach watching the waves come in and out with music and good book. Yet life is not that easy so I will keep on thinking and follow my heart.

Life is Good! 
bvohl
on 5/17/11 2:23 am

Good Afternoon Swede and PA!!

Tuna Fish? REALLY?? You couldn't think of anything else with a "T"??? Terrific, Tantalizing, Totally Tubular....Ok, so I am a child of the 80's!! Sorry but I am not a fan of tuna fish, never was!!

Anyway, Had to wake up extra early to drive Dee to all day care at another school 10 minutes in the other direction from work. BLECH!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then off to vote, pick up child, then have Drs. appt @ 6pm, then dinner, reading time with the child, then bed!

That is it for me! Not much to say today....tired and cranky from the gloomy weather!

Love to all, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views